Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Portland Love: Swirl Frozen Yogurt

Portland Love is a series in which I take to the streets of Portland, eating at new places, shopping at new shops, smelling old books and doing my best to not get too wet without the use of an umbrella. It's my way of falling in love with this city over and over again while sharing it with you. Enjoy! 

Tonight after enjoying dinner with a friend I dragged him (don't get any ideas, seriously we're just friends) to Swirl for some amazing frozen yogurt... by the ounce. I always go crazy at places like this but oh well. I try to limit how many times I frequent these places so I don't feel so bad.


I love, love, love this place for many reasons. 
1. It's in the middle of (in my humble opinion) the best part of Hawthorne.
2. Every single person that I have talked to that works there is incredibly friendly. I honestly think it's genuine. Seriously it blows my mind, especially here in Portland.
Sorry folks, we aren't always as friendly as people say we are. Seriously these kids don't act like they are better than anyone else, they are helpful AND they always punch more than they need to on my punch card. 
AKA Stellar Customer Service. I'm quite impressed.
3. It's by the ounce. Love these places.
4. So many toppings!
5. Open until like 10 pm. 


Because I feel like everyone does their self serve frozen yogurt a little differently I decided to share my way. Enjoy!


First, the cup with the waffle cone in it. Yes it makes less space to fill but that's not so bad... especially because with a cup that big you don't realize just how much you are making.
Second, put some toppings in the bottom. My favorites are rainbow sprinkles, granola and oreo pieces.
Third, add the frozen yogurt... my favorite mix is usually chocolate with a touch of peanut butter.
Fourth, put some more toppings on the top, sometimes strawberries, sometimes more sprinkles. Choose with your mood.
Last, and this is the best part here...
EAT!

What are your favorite toppings for frozen yogurt (or ice cream)?

xoxo

Visit here: 
3538 SE Hawthorne Blvd
Portland, 97214


If you have a place you want me to check out feel free to leave me a comment or email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment