Friday, July 1, 2011

Good Feelings



I've been looking over my long (and I mean long) to do list (in all fairness it has everything on it, from bucket list goals to quick tasks) I came across one thing tonight that I didn't want to put off any longer.

My to-do:
Write a things-I-love list.

Back when I was reading Sound of Paper one of the activities I put off but definitely had planned on getting back to was listing everything that made me happy. I think when I read that particular entry I was not feeling so happy or appreciative so I didn't want to spoil it for later and try to stay stubborn. Tonight (after a 7 hour nap, finishing a book and watching the newest episode of Pretty Little Liars) I decided to start the list. 
I started and within a very short amount of time I wrote 120 things, after I saved the page I kept thinking of more. Little victories and happies are everywhere. Maybe it's because I'm in a good mood today (despite failing the Oregon written driver's test haha) but I'm really grateful for so many things. 

If you have a second, go check my list out. If you need a reminder to smile, go check my list out! I made a special page for it so I could easily access it and so could anyone else.


What are some things that would be on your list?

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. This is the second blog post I've read today with a 'good things' list, and I think it's something I need to do.

    -days off with my husband
    -steaming hot cups of tea
    -having copious amounts of time to read
    -my job. I LOVE MY JOB
    -sewing. Even little things. Even just mending.
    -vinyl. The scratchy quality of it sounds way better to me than anything on CD.
    -my wee blog community
    -frittering hours away on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think making a "happy" list would be good for the stressful times in my life. Here's a couple of the things that would go on my list:

    -wasting away in pj's with my hubby.
    -hearing the pitter/patter of little bunny feet running across the carpet.
    -the quietness of our new apartment courtyard.
    -when my craft room is organized (currently not).
    -freshly cut nails.
    -reading all of my many craft blogs.
    -dreaming that one day I might be published in a scrapbook mag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be published in Artful Blogger! But I need to get more artful :) freshly cut nails are a dream and the courtyard sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete