Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Dreaming of... vinyl

As you may have noticed I've taken a break from Monday Mayhem. I often pin things but I rarely feel inspired to take the random images and post them anymore. Maybe my "mayhem" posts will come back again but until then I'll stick with some "Dreaming of..." posts. 

Today I stopped by the post office to finally (and I do mean finally) pick up a record I ordered in December. Yes, of 2010. Due to many different complications, delays from the company I ordered from, then moving away from the house I had it addressed to maybe a week or two before it arrived. It needed a signature and they wouldn't let SeƱor Brows pick it up because it was in my name. Then I didn't have an address to forward it to and it got sent back to the company, THEN I had to get them to respond to my emails and phone calls (I think I sent three and called twice) which they did. Then they had to see if they had any more left and thank goody goody goodness they did. 

Today I picked up my City and Colour, Bring Me Your Love limited edition vinyl. I'm in love. 

Only one teensy little problem left... I do not have a record player.
I've been wanting one for years but never really had too much inspiration to actually purchase one (goodness knows I bought a lot of other crap I didn't need, but not a record player) but now, NOW I have a reason.

In honor of that reason today's dreaming of is all about vinyl...

enjoy.







Do you have any recommendations on record players. Some say getting them used is not worth it. What's your opinion? Do you have a turntable?

xoxo

sources: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5

No comments:

Post a Comment