Monday, July 18, 2011

Favorite Books: High School and Beyond





The beginning of the rest of your life... that's what high school is right? Something like that. I decided to put together high school and beyond because frankly I can't remember which were my favorites in High School and which extended beyond that. I think I read a little less in High School than I did in Junior High. I remember now, as I type this, that most of my high school reading was the Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging series as well as the Harry Potter series topped with some Faye Kellerman books. I wasn't going to anything series during those years it seems. Thankfully I branched out after high school, read some possibly deeper reads and would every once in a while come back to the young adult books.

My list to date of books I have loved from High School and Beyond:

Angus Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging (series) - Louise Rennison
Harry Potter Series - J.K. Rowling
The House of Spirits - Isabel Allende
Reading Lolita In Tehran – Azar Nafisi

Good Omens – Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
The Perks of Being a Wallflower – Stephen Chbosky
Eat Pray Love – Elizabeth Gilbert
Ishmael – Daniel Quinn
A Room of One’s Own – Virginia woolf
Bird by Bird – Anne Lamott
If You Have to Cry Go Outside – Kelly Cutrone
The Shadow of the Wind – Carlos Ruiz Zafon

What books helped you through High School? What about after?

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite books is Oh My Stars by Landa Lornvik. It's a beautiful story. I don't really remember too many books from HS either. :(

    ReplyDelete