Monday, July 18, 2011

My Week Via Cell Phone Pictures (and added anecdotes)

This week has seemed long and short. I guess that's always how it goes though. Sometimes I try to remember what I did yesterday and get it mixed up with the yesterday a week before. Side effect of almost always going to bed when the sun rises? Maybe. 

I think my confusion from days also stems from having Monday off. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I love making Monday a happy day. This Monday was no exception to my happy beginning of the week rule. 
I did some chores, sent out a package to a good friend for her little man (baby boy), stopped by the grocery store, and possibly even did some laundry. OH! I did! 
After the mass amount of chores I picked up Nicole and we stopped at the local 7/11 for free slurpee day! Yeah 7/11!!! There wasn't a huge mob and the machines were working (I saw a picture on instagram of a sad slurpee because some kid had broken the machine earlier) and I hate to admit it, but the slurpee was delicious. I did not make it through the full thing though, I liked it (and the blue tongue effect) but we were going to see a movie, Horrible Bosses, with our friend Bryan (to celebrate his birthday) and I knew I was going to have a dc (diet coke) and some popcorn, possibly even some candy so I had to stop that sugar rush.

The movie was pretty funny, I did laugh out loud and all that good stuff and I don't feel like I wasted my money. Can't ask for much more when you leave a movie theater huh?

After that I dropped off the others, went to the grocery store for veggies, made some stir fry and rice and then settled down to work on a project I've been meaning to do for quite a while now while watching a movie I've been meaning to watch.

I put snaps on the opening to my duvet (that I bought at ikea a while back) and watched The Notorious Bettie Page. While I liked the movie, I felt a little odd about the ending. She was certainly adorable. I would like to read more about her sometime.

I'm not sure what I did Tuesday, probably worked on a current crochet project, read a bit, worked, thought about doing more laundry but didn't get around to it...

Wednesday I hung out with my friend Cameron. We watched part of an old Jeff Goldblum movie titled The Fly. It was horrid and I was hungry so we went to my favorite thai restaurant and then I convinced him to go to Voodoo Doughnuts. (yes, again...)



He looks pretty stoked on that donut yes? I once again bought both the Blazer Blunt and the Ol' Dirty Bastard. He settled with some creme filled one and a Marshall Mathers for his girlfriend.
We went back to his (their) place and chatted about this and that. She's fantastic! We mentioned the baby blogs we read (a lot of the same!!!) and gushed over that while Cameron rolled his eyes. 

 At some point this week, it was Thursday night, yes now I remember, I watched The Notebook while continuing on my current crochet project. I bawled my eyes out just as I expected. Went to bed and read a bit.
Gets me EVERY FRICKIN TIME!

Friday had a bit of excitement... Not the kind I like, but excitement none the less.
I went to he optometrist (finally) to get my eyes checked and a new prescription for contacts and glasses. The office was inside a Lenscrafters. I was running a tad behind and hadn't eaten before I went to my appointment. I also have anxiety attacks in certain medical offices though up until Friday I didn't think eye check ups would spark an attack. Wooo was I wrong! I get to the place and they ask if they can dilate my eyes... I say yes because it's probably been a decade since I last did that. I am not exaggerating in the slightest. At that moment I had a wave of anxiety but I told myself it was fine, they are just opening my eyes and I'll totally be able to drive, etc etc.


Get into the chair and talk to the doc, answer some questions and feel slightly off still but nothing I couldn't breathe through. Then he put the drops in my eyes and everything started going downhill. First, I opened them a bit after the first two drops... it stung like a bee (haha punny) and that sent my already slightly anxious mind into attack. We had to put one more drop in each eye and I held it together for that but then I started feeling the metallic feeling in my nose (tell tale sign in my life), I leaned awkwardly in the chair telling him I need a second, then made my way to the floor because the nausea and cold sweat came about. Yup, on the floor in an eye doc's office. I tried joking (as much as I could) with him which is quite funny considering I'm already on the floor. How normal is this many going to think I am from now on? 
I ask for some water knowing there was very little hope for juice after I started feeling the cold hit me again. (That's the best feeling in the attack, when my body can finally get cold again I know I am coming out of it)
I drink some water and think I am ready so I sit in the chair and he puts the lens changer in front of my face. I get through two options on one eye and need to lie down again.
Long story a tad shorter we used what looked like opera glasses to test my eyes after I recovered from the second (definitely less intense) wave and I somehow got through the appointment but was a tad frustrated none the less.
Who passes out (or comes close) in an eye doctor's office?!?!?! This girl. Eye doctor and the gyno. I wish I was joking. Once a year. I apologize before hand to the doctor now, let them know what might just happen.

Moving on...

I scored some awesome new glasses, that look a LOT like my old ones, just larger lenses. 

Saturday I had a new friend give me a hip hop technique lesson and then we went to the park close to my house for a picnic slash pool party but didn't stay long as we both had other things to do. When I came home Saturday night after the dance lesson and work and such I went to the grocery store again, picked up some cereal and such and a couple of movies. (It's been a movie week!) I watched The Switch  last night and while I understood why it didn't do well at the box office I did fall in love with the kid in the movie. SO adorable!



The best line was in the trailer but oh well. This kid actor is so cute! Such a great character.

Today... oh today...
Today was a lazy day. 
I slept in (suprise!) and then called Nicole to see what she was up to.
We talked possible plans and decided on a movie. We first went to Buffalo Exchange so she could get some cash for her clothes and try on things that just didn't work (both of us did that) and then we headed downtown to one of the best theaters in Portland. I'll be doing a Portland Love post on it this week.

The chairs are love seats (some single recliners), they deliver food you order (that looks positively amazing though I didn't actually try it) to your seat, we found a foot rest and shared a big bowl of popcorn for the price of a small at regular movie theaters. I'm going to stop giving away hints of why it's so amazing and just talk about the movie.
We saw The Trip with Steve Coogan. I like it, was definitely funny but it wasn't really meant to be just a comedy I think. There was a little more to it than that.

While watching the movie I became very hungry (despite all the popcorn) and also inspired to try being better at salad making. I was inspired both by other movie watchers' salads AND all the food shown in the movie. We were so very close to Powells (the big big one) that I couldn't resist and dragged Nicole to go look for a salad cook book.

I didn't find any salad books I wanted but I did find a good vegetarian one with plenty of pictures that I am excited about.

Lastly I came home, put on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (two british movies in one day) and worked on the crochet project yet again.

I also ate this... my newest try with fake meat and I must say, it was absolutely delicious. I don't have to miss pulled chicken sandwiches anymore. 

As of now I am sitting on my couch, ready to dive in to my book that I've been meaning to finish all week. 

All in all it's been a great week. I've been incredibly productive (oh yes! Thursday I called the bank that I pay my car payments to so they could send paperwork to the Portland DMV so I can pay them more money to put Oregon plates on my car AND I made my doctors' appointments AND I received my Oregon driver's license) and full of great things.

I'm thinking of my goals for next week which I will share later on.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment