Friday, January 14, 2011

Yesterday Was SO Much Fun!!

Yesterday a dear friend and I went strolling around Hillcrest with cameras. I had been driving back and forth around Hillcrest recently and had realized I'd never taken the time to walk around except for on 5th. So off we went to enjoy the sights and the really pretty (though a tad too dry in my opinion) day.

Walking on University. 

I love old looking signs.

Possibly the cutest little stool.

In my element. Diet coke in hand.


Then I took some pictures of Christie. She let me use her super duper nice camera (my technical term) and I'm pretty stoked with what came of it!

Then I played on the playground and Christie took more shots of me.

All in all it was a fabulous day. We spent loads of time in two of my favorite bookstores and I possible acquired a few new books. Not only that but I got to use a professional level camera for the very first time and now I'm afraid that my first big purchase when I get me a job is going to have to be a camera up from the point and shoot I have. I'm addicted to working with the zoom and focus.

So much fun! We're planning another similar adventure soon.

photo cred: 1,4,7 by Christie Conochalla

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic photos! I love the Hillcrest area -- and even have some friends who live there, though I don't seem to get there nearly often enough. I think I need a photographic adventure of some city area myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hillcrest is wonderful and city adventures are also fun! I'm going to try doing one in Chula Vista in the near future.

    ReplyDelete