Saturday, January 1, 2011

First Post of the New Year

Hello 2011, How are you? I'm pretty fantastic though I am once again awake way past bedtime, I'll try to be better about that this year. ;)

I didn't go out for New Year's Eve this year. I couldn't find anything that sounded like fun. So, while I was in bed this morning I had this great epiphany. I would start, right on the dot, even a tad before working on my plans for all of 2011.

What I did on New Years Eve:
Read:

He's Just Not That Into You in the food court at the mall. Brilliant. Nothing new was said but it's all in one place and it's really blunt. I like it. I got some news last night that made me thinking investigating the book was necessary. May as well right. Knowledge is power and such.

Finished re-reading:


Watched:


I loved Away We Go! The movie version of HJNTIY didn't impress me as much. It definitely takes away from what the books says a bit. Puts a less harsh, more happy spin on things. Sometimes life is harsh but if you don't stay in situations that are never going to work then maybe you'll find your exception. 

During the movie watching I looked through the journals of 2010, jotted some stuff down, looked at my 25 before 25 list and the notes I had been taking since I started re-reading The Happiness Project and I brain dumped on some index cards everything else I had been thinking about this past month and then organized it into lists.

I also made another collage (#14) on the cover of my 2011 purse journal! Only one more collage to go!

Bottom 2010, top 2011!

I have yet to 100% complete what each month is going to look like but I have a better idea. I've already started crossing off some of the little tasks I had on my list for the new year like setting up my Google reader! 

I also made a grocery store list and wrote out some things I need to do when I wake up to better complete my 2011 project and goal outlook but it's definitely shaping up. A lot better than I could have done going to a party. I even cracked a Woodchuck Hard Cider and had maybe 2 sips of it. No matter how I sometimes attempt, I'm just not a big drinker. 

I thought I was going to be bummed being alone on New Years but I definitely turned it around. This year is going to be good, not just because I say it here but because I've planned it out a bit. I'm going to have things to look back on when 365 days have passed. I will progress, I will find my next path.

No comments:

Post a Comment