Tuesday, January 11, 2011

So here it is

I can't believe we are already into the 11th day of the new year. Exciting and excruciating at the same time. I haven't even posted what my resolutions were! So behind the curve. I am patting myself on the back however, because it is before the half way mark, I am putting them up now instead of in February! AND I've been getting things checked off of lists left and right so I guess I'll give myself a little bit of leeway on this.
Excuse my ramble...

Without further ado, my new year's resolutions!

1. Take more pictures
2. learn completely new thing per month (that's an easy goal I hope, I'm really shooting for one new thing a week but we shall see)
3. Start a new career. (In the midst of job hunting AND crossing off tasks on the never ending extra projects" list)


I added two more after some thought (and a couple of days). They are:

4. Get crafty.
and one more because I like odds better than evens
5. Go vegan.

Each one of my resolutions is a umbrella for the small goals I am going to be working on when my 25 before 26 comes around (more on that later.) [ps learning situation right here, does the period go inside the parentheses or outside in that situation?]

Clearly number one is pretty self explanatory, I want to take more pictures with me and friends in them, of things I see during the day and of things to share on the blog. At the end of this year I want to be able to post a year in pictures that didn't just come from my computer photo booth. Not that I have ANYTHING against my photobooth, just saying I need something else too. So maybe it's not fully self explanatory. I guess ever person's goal when they say take more pictures is different. I want to open my creative eye just a tad more this year, maybe even more than a tad if I'm I'm really lucky and persevere! I will be making this more quantifiable than just using the word "more." What is more. I could go on forever. I'm working with my soon to be coming to an end 25 before 25 picture goals to quantify my resolution for the very beginning of the year and then my 25 before 26 (because I don't like evens as much as odds and I could use one less thing to feel like I HAVE to do) I will be adding a new goal for picture taking. I'm excited about that project for sure!

Number two is really broad I know but there are a lot of things I am curious about right now (and have been for a while) and there are several self-help topics I've been looking to explore so I figured this would be a great resolution. I mean really, if you're keeping your eyes open and reading every once in a while it's hard NOT to learn something new a month. So far I've crossed some things off my list, January is very much about looking at old lists and checking off as much as I can in between applying for jobs. 

Number three is going to be my biggest and possibly most fulfilling challenge that I can think of thus far. I'm doing personality tests for fun, reading What Color Is Your Parachute, doing exercises and of course scouring craigslist, indeed and other job listing sites for my new super cool and fun and amazing job. It's a bit taxing mentally sometimes but I gotta keep pushing!

Number Four is going to be the most fun I think. I'm telling myself to make things as a resolution. I'm also going to do my best here to beat my perfectionism and love what I create despite possible small failures. I have blankets to crochet, new patterns and old patters, I have things to draw and paint, possibly a go at quilt making... the world is my crafty oyster!

and finally number five. This one takes a little more long winded explanation for sure but I'll save that for another time. (Like not 2:30 a.m.) [and what punctuation goes to that phrase in those parentheses?! Grammar studies must ensue soon!] I've been vegetarian for about 3 years and 3 months and while I am totally into it still I felt I needed another challenge. Something to restart my passion for eating healthier and making the world a better place. The last part sounds cheesy (no cheese here har har har) but in all seriousness I've been wondering what I was going to have to do to get myself eating a healthy, at least semi balanced and not centered on fast food eating. You might say "just try willpower." Sorry friend, no can do. This resolution came out of number 2. I read a book that once again blew my mind about issues I had put on the back burner of my mind. It made me realize that once again I was choosing to ignore all that I knew and didn't like about certain organizations. I won't spend a lot of time with it here, I am not turning clickclickcorey into a vegan blog*, [is that right there? comma before or after the asterisk?] I am mearly going to post every once in a while the trials and tribulations I will go through with this resolution (just like with all of the others.)

I'm feeling pretty really good about these resolutions (except number 5 which seems like quite a challenging foe sometimes) which is a step up from years past. I think last year one of mine was to stop being interested in/dating younger males. It didn't last past January 2nd. I don't EVEN remember what the rest were. 
This year will be a good, no great one. I must promise that to myself.

xoxo Miss C

*I would like to say I have absolutely nothing against vegan blogs. I love, love, love what you are doing, it's not easy out there all the time. I'm just saying that my blog didn't start out in that niche and therefore will not bridge into it. I 110% respect what you are doing, I wouldn't be able to do this without your blogs!

also PPS here or post *,  The grammar questions were a one time thing. It's 2:40 and I needed a little pep. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment