Friday, November 23, 2012

The Fire Starter Sessions: What Business Are You Really In?







When you feel an idea comin' on, excuse yourself. Pull over to the side of the road. Get lost in the creative flow. Be late. Barge in.

What would someone pay you $100/hour to tell/teach/inform them about?
This one is really difficult for me, I am not sure what people would pay me that much for. I use to get paid $20 a hour and I knew she was being generous. This is not to say I don't do good work, or that I don't work hard, I definitely do, I just don't know what I would get paid $100 an hour doing.
I can throw out some guesses...
- organizing their house and then their life
- how to better communicate with a friend, family member, etc

What are you repeatedly telling/showing/explaining to your clients? What do they want more of from you? What are they always asking for?
Clients and people around me are two different things. My clients aren't mine at this time. They are there for my boss or the place I work in.
So with that in mind, what do I find myself explaining to people, what are they always asking for?
- answers to proper wording
- advice about what to do about a friend or family member or other relationships,
- questions about books

What do you know about? What's your knowledge base? What do you know that other people don't?
I have a hard time figuring out what I know that other people don't know. Things that I know don't seem so out of the ordinary and often times I'm surprised when someone doesn't know something I am talking to them about. I'm still trying to figure that out.

How does your service/offering/product make people feel? What problem does it solve, or what state does it create?
Again, I'm still not sure.

What's your message? (Everyone has a message.) What do you stand for?
I stand for self confidence, I stand for self esteem... for feeling good about one self. Mostly because it's been a rocky road for me and I see other people and wonder why they don't like what they are. It's a strange thing self perception...
I don't stand for excessive cockiness though. Fine lines and such.

What is the vehicle for your knowledge?
Word of mouth? I don't think I'm ready for this worksheet yet.

Who wants what you've got? (values + lifestyle, and "types" of people)


Who needs what you've got? (Even though they may not know it yet.)

I am at a loss for most, if not all, of these questions. I don't have a service that provides something different than anyone else yet. I serve food in an expensive movie theater. I smile and say nice things, I joke and such and then bring them the bill. I try not to interrupt their together time. But as far as providing a service that someone would pay $100/hour for I'm stumped.

I explain to my clients how the system works at my job, but that wouldn't be something transferable.

What do I know that others don't? A little bit of this and maybe a little bit of that. I have random bits of knowledge acquired through google during random conversations, but is there something bigger than that? I'm just trying to read and experience life and figure it all out myself.

For the most part I try to make people feel good. I like to make people laugh. Maybe more than making people laugh I like people to think that I'm funny. Because if they were laughing because I did something stupid (aka at me instead of with me) then I wouldn't like it very much at all. I control when and how I get laughed at.

Vehicle: word of mouth, blog, twitter, facebook.

Who wants what I've got? For a price? I'm not sure... for free? friends.


xoxo

The Fire Starter Sessions and all included worksheets were written and created by Danielle LaPorte

No comments:

Post a Comment