Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Fire Starter Sessions - Vision Prompting










What would be so amazing that you feel shy to even consider it?

What are your dreams?
- get a job that pays more than enough to cover bills and adventures and projects
- move out
- pay off debts (car, credit card, friends, Dr. T.)
Right now my dreams are on the smaller side. the section called for grandiose dreaming but right now I don't even know where to begin with that when I have a hard time seeing outside of my current situation. So here's the first things first. I will come back to this worksheet (and probably this whole book) when I have first things first taken care of.

+ So I've moved out... now what?
- travel to Argentina, Spain, France, Greece and England
- live in my own apartment
- make $60k a year
- live in a place with a lot of natural light
- have a family (eventually)
- live life that I am excited to wake up for just about every day

I want this because...
- I want to be able to take care of myself financially. I don't want to be dependent nor do I want to stress about buying a piece of clothing every once in a while.
- I don't want to stress about debts. I want to feel free from those kinds of burdens and able to put money away for fun things.
- I have wanted to travel for a long time, I love experiencing new places. Argentina was so incredible, I need more of that in my life. New challenges like speaking in unpracticed Spanish and somehow getting my point across. Eating new foods, seeing new, beautiful things, meeting new people.
- I need a place with natural light because I feel better in those kinds of places, I find myself down or depressed or willing to sleep a lot more when I live in darker places that need artificial light.
- Right now $60K looks like sitting pretty on a throne with a diamond necklace, I could have a small place that I really liked, by myself while taking a class or two and saving for the next trip to the next country.

Which dreams make you flush with excitement?
When I allow myself to be excited by the possibilities? Traveling, going back to Argentina, meeting someone special. I don't know if I'm a simple girl or if I just haven't allowed myself to expand on the dream front. I don't need fame and excessive fortune, I want to live in a nice house in a city/town I love, I want wood tables and comfortable couches and lots of light and some semblance of seasons. I want to have a reason to get out of bed, a want to create and work and a job that inspires and challenges me while also paying the bills.

What if none of these dreams are close to your heart?
If these dreams are not close to my heart than I have no idea what is. But maybe that's the issue.

Are you going to let any of the dreams go?
I use to want to be a singer, I'm letting it go. I can sing as loud and as horrible as I am capable in my car. That doesn't mean I won't ever try voice lessons, but traveling around the US if not the world riding on the talent of my voice is not a dream I have anymore.
I let go of the dream of owning a music venue or a store. I don't want something that keeps me in one place all the time that is hard to leave. I also don't have an interest in booking bands anymore.

Who will you share your dream with?
I have been sharing them with my friends Rachael, Chelsea, Amanda, Beth... These ones aren't scary to let people in on yet. They are what is expected.

Who already knows about your dream?
Those mentioned above.

Which dreams will you choose to realize?
One step at a time, those I allow myself to dream.

xoxo

The Fire Starter Sessions and all included worksheets were written and created by Danielle LaPorte

No comments:

Post a Comment