Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Fire Starter Sessions - The Stop-Doing List








How's this for a rationalization? It just doesn't feel right.

I wanted to dance for joy when I read those two lines. For absolute joy because I've spent my life explaining myself and rationalizing to others as well as myself. And sometimes, many times, I couldn't put the feelings into words, I just knew something wasn't right, that there was a real reason, a real block, for not moving forward. But without facts and logic to back it up there was disbelief and attempts to stick things out or really get to know a person that my gut had already decided wasn't good. No more. I'll be civil if it's absolutely necessary, but if I meet someone and get that feeling, it's done. If I start a job and it just doesn't feel right, it's on to the next, no matter the paycheck or the way it will look on the resume.

Look back on your year and get very clear about what sucked. What didn't work, got mired in resentment, felt onerous, weight you deadly down?
- Spending money I didn't have
- Loan from a family member (this isn't a lack of appreciation, it's acknowledging the problems that came with the loan)
- Staying too long in a place because of fears
- a dude

What will you stop doing? Effective immediately?
What I have stopped since the first reading of this book:
- I have stopped using my credit card 
- I have stopped making myself miserable about how I look, how I act, what I do... and where I am at
- I have stopped giving away my power
- I have stopped caring about aforementioned dude
- I have stopped what was wrong with me, because I've stopping thinking there is something wrong

Moving forward:
- I will stop making excuses to not exercise
- I will stop cutting down my hope
- I will stop taking good moments for granted
- I will stop raining on my own parade
- I will stop checking instagram and facebook obsessively... no really

xoxo

The Fire Starter Sessions and all included worksheets were written and created by Danielle LaPorte

No comments:

Post a Comment