Thursday, November 22, 2012

Oh So Grateful


Last year about this time I was laying in bed, stomach full, reading Mockingjay from cover to cover. This year I'm watching the dad's house, watching season three of The OC writing this post on things I'm grateful for. There are so many things, little things, big things, basic and not... I'm thankful for the way the wind blows sometimes (part hippie?) and the color of the changing leaves... great tasting food, even mediocre tasting food.
I'm grateful for a lot, but here's a little list anyway.

I'm grateful for:
- the food that was on the table and is on the table day after day
- the texts I was able to send and the texts that were sent to me
- family
- my health
- my dog, even if he is licking incessantly
- books and reading and shows like The OC
- my jobs... especially because I didn't have to work them
- leggings as pants... because dinner was a lot more comfortable that way
- sweatpants after that
- the people I've me through this blog... person? Brandi...looking at you!
- my friends, my lovely, amazing, patient, understanding and full of hope friends... they've been with me through a lot... so, so much

Today was great, the rest of the year will be great and I have such high hopes for the future. That's definitely a different place than I was last year. That's a huge thing to be grateful for in and of itself.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment