Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Currently...



this version found @ Wake Up, Lovely

Reading >>  Smart Women Finish Rich. I am creating some new money habits that feel better than the old ones. I can't spend like I'm in High School with no responsibilities. I can't use my credit card any more. I think it's been two whole months since I've used that thing, maybe more. It might not seem like much but I don't think I've stopped using it for even a month since I got the darn thing. Seriously. Look who's getting smarter!

Eating >> too much food out of the house. It's the one money weakness I have yet to break. Baby steps. 

Drinking >> Water. Read two things about soda in the past couple of days that make me not want to drink it anymore. I am so addicted to the taste but I really don't want to be. Maybe one day that want will be stronger than my taste buds.

Listening to >> The sound of the computer keys, a song I picked for my upcoming (mid July) performance, Oh yes, and Lana Del Rey. 

Buying >> Food. Tonight I did go out to dinner with friends, so it wasn't all for naught. What else? Dance classes. 

Appreciating >> My friends and their listening ears. My new friends and their support. My lovely in Portland who miss me enough to text me "come home." My bed, I love how comfortable it is. My family and my job(s) even though it (they) can get on my nerves. My hair... seriously I have great hair. 

Deciding >> That I'm going for it. I had my one impossibly sad day and now that's done. Nobody else doubts my ability to get what (or who) I want, so why, oh why do I? Outside of being interested in somebody I can tell you how I think I'm funny, fun, smart, and loyal. I would make a wonderful girlfriend, sometimes a little emotional, but overall a good time, and yet, when I get a target in my sights I forget what I like about myself, I only see what there is to walk away from. 
So, it's decided... I'm done being my own worst enemy. 
Loving >> Dance classes, seeing muscles emerge, feeling strong, casual flirting, inappropriate conversations at work... tips, gotta love those tips. Not using my credit card even though it's in my wallet and has been this whole time. Reading, laying in bed, Lana Del Rey, my hair... but I've said that already. ;)

Planning >> My life. Slowly but surely. I feel defeated really easy (in all situations, not just with guys) and so this is not an easy road. I feel like I'm missing something important. But it's about pushing forward I hear. So I guess it's good I'm getting stronger. 

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I'm kinda obsessed with Lana del Rey too. Her music is just so awesome and Californian. Love it.

    And good for you deciding to stop being your own worst enemy (I'm mine too). You're fantastic and I don't think you should let anything hold you back -- especially you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one day at a time I try to be a better friend to myself. maybe then we can take down the enemy side.

      Delete