Sunday, September 25, 2011

Happily Wasted: What I Mentally Consumed This Week


This week I stayed at Nicole's house, hanging out with her dog Benny so he doesn't get lonely. He is quite an interesting dog full of quirks...
I slowly started working on another blanket project but the yarn is really soft and therefore more slippery which makes the whole process a tad slower. I'm not in a rush to get serious about this project yet, just adding as I feel like it. 
I've been pretty mellow, just staying around Nicole's place with Benny. Trying to keep my debit card from making a lot of appearances around the town. You know how it goes, you let it out and all of a sudden it's like when you give a mouse a cookie... it just wants something else too.

Most of the week was pretty sunny and warm, but last night the heat broke into drizzle and then rain and  today, today fall showed up again. She was brisk and a little chilly and just perfect sweater weather. I guess October is a fine time for Fall to start. We shouldn't be too surprised. More time for indoor projects for sure. More time for coffee or tea dates and sitting in windows watching the rain fall. We'll see how positive I am about the colder temperatures when it really hits!

Here's what I passed the hot and not so hot days with this week:

Movies/Shows Watched
- Bones Season 4
- Spirited Away

Read (or currently reading)
The Sun Also Rises
The Art of Seduction (I would just like to say I am hating this book. Manipulation is not something I am a big fan of)
White Teeth
The Artist's Way

Favorite Posts/Articles
An awesome post about getting started with your own business! I'm excited this girl is moving to Portland... maybe I'll make a blog friend?!?!
I want this dress...
Advice for those going to (or even considering) grad school.
No makeup? ... well, maybe a little. 
More amazing tips from Kara at I Just Might Explode concerning holding it together.
Elsie gives some great thrifting tips... now if only I lived in a now that didn't get all thrift stores ransacked by pro thrifters all the time. ;) (She's also got a pretty new blog design goin on!)

I also went to a show at the Hawthorne Theatre. I saw Comeback Kid for maybe like the 7th time in my life. Who knows, maybe more. I feel like they were always coming through the Epicentre back in the day.
I don't know what it was about this show though, it made me a little sad. Usually I leave these kinds of shows all amped but either my blood sugar dropped or something about it hit me wrong. Who knows. The band did well though. I guess that's what really matters. And they played my favorite song. 

Has fall hit where you are yet?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment