Saturday, September 24, 2011

First Day of Fall

Weather (haha, get it? puuunny!) Portland knows it or not, today is the first official day of fall (by the time you're reading this it is actually the 2nd...). 
While we had one week (or maybe even just a few days) of fall weather the sun came back out for a couple more probably to wish us "so long" for the next several months. 

Instead of cry over the slowly (sometimes not so slowly) dropping temperatures I'm going to think of a list of things I am excited for come fall.

1. Pumpkin anything and everything. Starbucks brought it out a week or two before fall but I'm more looking forward to pumpkin muffins and such.
2. Kids and pets in Halloween costumes. Adorable.
3. Sweaters. I love sweaters so much and I'm going to get to wear them again!
4. Having an excuse to go shopping... I need to bring some serious pieces into my wardrobe, ones that layer well so I don't always run out of the house in jeans (possibly with tights underneath), a tank, a tee or a long sleeve, a sweater, a sweatshirt and a coat (that's for winter...). People in New York have far colder winters than we do and many still look good. Must learn that!
5. Baking
6. Reading with the sound of the rain against windows.
7. TEA! Oh goodness I think I'm going to attempt new teas this season. Maybe go to a tea shop or two. Really give it a go.
8. The sound of cars driving on wet streets. 
9. fire places (a friend has one... score!)

What are you looking forward to?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment