Monday, September 5, 2011

Happily Wasted: What I Mentally Consumed This Week


While the first day of the week started out a tad on the poop shoot side, (Thanks again Chase, Mazda and the DMV) it picked up and got rolling and everything went back to normal and all was well. Lalala happy rays of sunshine! (I am writing this on the poop shoot side, looking forward with some positivity).
By the end of Monday I was back on my project, finished all squares AND started connecting them with the remnants of the small roll of yarn I picked up.
Come Wednesday Chase still hadn't pulled through and I hadn't mustered up the will to visit the DMV to sit for several hours so a hermit I stayed.
Finally got my title on Thursday and went straight to the DMV then Target. Bought some cute stuff, put my plates on, hung out with Nicole... ate some delicious Sweet Tomatoes (Souplantation in California) and crocheted for 7 hours while watching 2 movies (both with Bill Murray) and many episodes of Bones.
Friday and Saturday were calm, and tonight I went out on the town but once again realized why home and/or conversation with good friends beats the party scene any day. (Just in case you are wondering, I did go out with a good friend and we did have a good conversation... so not all was lost!)

All in all, not too bad for the first week of September!


Movies/Shows Watched
- 30 Minutes Or Less
- Bones: Into Season 4
- America the Beautiful
- The Price of Beauty - first 3 episodes
- Pretty Little Liars Summer Finale... ugh, always leaves us hanging!
- Lost in Translation
- Zombieland
- Easy A (the beginning anyway, then left Miss M's house)

Listened To
- My relax playlist, a mix of City and Colour, Death Cab For Cutie and more
- A Loss For Words
- Mumford and Sons
- City and Colour - Little Hell

Read (or currently reading)
The Sea Wolf - Jack London

Favorite Posts/Articles
-I was looking for a good (easy) tomato sauce to start making and what do you know, Ms. Emma had just what I was looking for!
- While I didn't go to art school I love Kara's post on 15 things she would tell her Freshman self.
- The most adorable interview of friends who happen to be two of my favorite bloggers...
- This awesome photoshoot, not to mention the fact that she's an arial ninja!
- Most awesome date night? yes.

What have you visually consumed this week?

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I loved Easy A. It might be one of my new favorite movies. And Zombieland was such a riot. I finally got on the bandwagon and saw Avatar for the first time last night. I also read The Hunger Games and can't WAIT to read the other books in the trilogy.

    And what are sweet tomatoes?

    ReplyDelete