Sunday, September 18, 2011

Happily Wasted: What I Mentally Consumed This Week


Well, I was going to post about how I haven't been super motivated to blog lately but I guess that's pretty obvious considering I just realized I skipped last week for this...
Oh well, I'll put both weeks into one and then next week we'll be right back on track.
This past week I finished the blanket project I've been working on and sent it off to Unicorn Sparkle(bottom)s. I'm so, so excited for her to get it. I think I sent it off by Tuesday so it should be there by next Thursday at the latest I think... Not sure about timing with parcel post really.
Since finishing that I've taken a bit of a break before working on the baby blanket that is next in line. I'm also dog sitting for Nicole while she is off galavanting around Venice with her Madre. Lucky girl! I think she's having fun. (duh)
I've been reading A LOT and have already passed the minimum book reading requirement for the month... go me!
Aaaand I've been having a lot of cuddle times with Nicole's cute dog Benny. He might make some picture appearances in the next week or so. I've been also taking a break from picture snapping as well for some reason. Just staying mellow really.
I'll start up again when it feels right.
Fall is here. I think the exact day it started was either the day before Nicole left or the day Nicole left. Thanks for that...
But in all seriousness, it feels really good to have some early fall weather here. The rain/drizzle is back and while I know I'm going to hate it soon enough I'm really enjoying the fact that flannels and beards are going to be even more prevalent than they already are here in Portland.
Sometimes I really love this place.

I would go on about things I love right now (I'm in a good mood) but instead I'll leave you with my consumed materials list for the past two weeks.


Movies/Shows Watched
- Bones Season 4
- Morning Glory

Listened To
- A Loss For Words - The Kids Can't Lose
- City and Colour - Little Hell
- A Day to Remember

Read (or currently reading)
The Sea Wolf - Jack London
I Am a Pencil
Water for Elephants
The Art of Seduction (this book is making me mad, mad, mad so I'm taking it in small doses)
Wildwood
Lit

Favorite Posts/Articles
I definitely read on National Read a Book Day (Tuesday) and this article had several good reasons to read... though, lets be real... I read with or without good reason!
Strangely serene pictures of baby animals in the womb.
Recipe for baked oatmeal
brownie sundaes in a jar
This music video, a post by Busy Bee Lauren reminded me of the song
a post full of pictures in a bookstore


Has fall hit where you are yet?

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I still can't believes it's fall!

    :)

    PS I got your note on my blog and yes we should totally get together. I have been thinking about organizing a little blogger get together. shoot me an email= erikaleesears@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete