Tuesday, March 5, 2013

one day at a time


After giving it some thought, and receiving more tough news I've decided I'm going back to what I use to do with this space. Post randomly, when inspiration strikes, not to have a portfolio or place for people to see the things I do, just a place to put my voice out into the void, because sometimes (often) I have the compulsion to share.

It's only the third month into the year and I've been hit with several hard blows that I'm trying to sort out in my mind. Some things definitely easier than others, some that won't matter in a year from now and others that will matter forever. Some things I will share here, others I will not. I haven't been motivated to write goodbye posts to the two I lost in February... I just don't think the words have fully come to me yet.

My stomach troubles are basically gone, leaving just as mysteriously as they came... but a new health ailment took it's place. This one won't leave. I guess life really wanted me to start eating healthy, exercising and getting into things like meditation and yoga, because that's what I'm going to need to do to manage everything and stay positive. It's not cancer, my estimated lifespan hasn't been shortened, I've just lost some convenience. Life really isn't the concerned with convenient though. So I can't take it personally.

Sometime, hopefully sooner than later, projects will be back up here, photography adventures too... sharing of books and other fun things won't be far behind. I like writing here, I just don't like feeling like I HAVE to write here, or that I shouldn't write certain things.

So here's to March, my birthday month... unfortunately this is the first year I don't feel much like celebrating.

One day at a time though. this too shall pass.

xoxo


3 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry to hear your going through some tough times. 2013 has not been the greatest to us so far huh. I feel the same way with my blog, with life. Take care of yourself and the rest will fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. i feel like 2013 has hit quite a few people pretty hard. I'm hoping my birthday is when my new year starts and i can just work on rebuilding from there instead of trying to dodge the punches you know? what is your blog? it just shows me your google profile when I clink your name!

      Delete
  2. I hope so! Birthdays are always nice. Too bad mine's in July and half the year is over by then, haha. Maybe you need some happy mail! Here is my blog url: kelsterjean.blogspot.com. It's mostly about crafts, but its not named that way on purpose because I don't want to have only a craft-specific blog. I like sharing all kinds of things on my blog. It's for me, really, and not anyone else.

    ReplyDelete