Wednesday, March 20, 2013

52 Dishes: Dishes 11 and 12


This week I made two dishes... there are no rules anymore. I started with healthy... and just a twist on something I've already been doing. Cooking meat in tin foil packets. This time the meat was chicken, and the sauce bbq. I then put this chicken on top of some rice and added some green beans and done. Dish number 11. Chicken recipe found here.


While the chicken was a cookin I was putting the pepper or rice away and found myself face to face with an oatmeal cookie recipe that did not call for raisins. Good job recipe, there's nothing I dislike more than raisins in my supposed cookies. Seriously. 
It did call for nuts though and I wasn't interested in nuts in my oatmeal cookies either so I subbed in some chocolate chips. I mean, duh. Delicious.


I have no recipe to link to for these. It was just on a Ralph's brand quick oatmeal box. They ended up pretty delicious despite the wacked out oven I use. I have to put it on convection all or it will not work. I am pretty sure that's why things don't take the time recipes say they will and my cookies always end up a little too hard after they cool. 

But I'm making due. And keeping up with the schedule. I definitely cheated one week and made like 4 new things... but like I said, NO RULES! 

What have you made lately?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment