Monday, April 1, 2013

April's Endeavors



I've been quiet, I've been licking my wounds. I've been putting things on the back burner, like cooking 52 in 52 and going on photo adventures with my meet up group. I've tried to jump back in and been brought back down. But it's April, and it's a new quarter, and there are some things I've learned from the last quarter that I'm going to use moving forward.

We've officially hit Spring, and Spring is definitely a time to warm up, to see the sun shine more (metaphorically because it shines here in San Diego on the regular) to see things blossoming. It's a time where rain still comes and nothing has taken full shape yet and I think that's quite appropriate for my life.

Today, on April Fools, the first day of the new quarter, I am moving into a new place. In this month I will write about the reasons for the move, but until then let's just say that where I was at was not stable.
The first day of the new quarter I am not only moving but I am going to an interview. These are the first examples I am making to myself and for myself to show up to life.

I paid less attention to my word of the year for the past two months, I wondered if it was the right word. Sometimes survive felt like the right word, not anything above and beyond that. Looking back though, I stuck to it, just in a different way than I thought I was going to. Isn't that how it goes though, you think it's going to be one thing and then life leads you a slightly different way.
Maybe I had to get through what I've gone through to be able to reach the goals I set for this word back in January.

Through the last three months, and more specifically the last three weeks there are some things that I decided that I'm carrying through April.

This month I endeavor to:

- show up... to plans that I've made, to outings with friends, to interviews and other things

- not invest in my emotions. This may seem counter intuitive but I've learned some big things about myself in the past month, some things that have shed a lot of light and some new understanding on the past 10 years, and right now, I know that my best bet is to not invest in my emotions, to let them happen and pass. Happy, sad, excited, hopeful and everything else, let them be. When things get a little more stable here, when my moods aren't changing daily or even hourly, I'll start investing again, but for now it's about letting them come and go.

- land myself a full time job!

April, please be a little more gentle than the months before.


xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment