Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day One of the Book 2013


Here it is, the first picture of the new year. I spent most of the day in bed, not nursing a hangover, I didn't drink last night, but trying to get as much rest as possible to get rid of this pesky stomach bug I've had for the past week. It's not like the one I had 3 days before Thanksgiving, that one was brutal but fast. This one is mild but what it lacks in ferocity it makes up for in duration, I'm not actually getting sick but I feel really off and food just doesn't sit right. So, the past three days have seen me and the bed as besties.

Today, at about 3pm, I decided it was time to get a couple things done. I looked outside while shaking out my rug and saw the sunset and immediately went back in for my camera. I then proceeded to stand on my patio chair to get the best view/shot... this is just the beginning of the kind of dedication I plan on putting towards growing as a photographer this year.

Last night was a lot of fun. I stayed at home, in bed, for most of the day... up until about 8pm. I had been invited earlier to a little get together really close to my house by a friend I haven't seen in a long time. I had two other offers for things to do on new years but this one was closest to my house (good if the tum decided to act up and I needed to get back home to bed... also good to minimize the time spend on the road) and seemed the most laid back.
I have to admit, I wasn't sure I was going to go until I sent the text saying I was leaving the house in 30 minutes. I looked quite presentable while also comfortable and I made my way to the place I had never been to see a person I hadn't seen for months.

It was a great decision for the new year. While I'm not going to go into it too much right now, one of my goals for 2013 is to get out more and also meet new people. I spent the night doing both. I laughed a lot, learned a new game, and watched the ball drop with people I barely knew but who welcomed me immediately. I'd like to give a little shout out to the universe and say thank you for that.

Tomorrow I go back to work, definitely rested and hopefully all better. It's going to be a year of challenges that I put myself up to and I couldn't be more excited to start.


xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous first photo of 2013. I love sunsets and clouds. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete