Monday, January 7, 2013

52 dishes: An introdution


This year I decided my 52 in 52 project was going to be a little different. I wanted to really challenge myself in a way that I hadn't in the past two years. While 52 in 52 pictures made me even more likely to take pictures, I was never a stranger to wanting to pick up my camera. This year I work on something that created a bit of resistance.
I have two great weaknesses when it comes to self improvement, one, exercise and two, cooking. I will get on an exercise kick and go balls out for a while (well... boobs out?) but then a week will go by with nothing and every week thereafter will see less and less exercise. But this year I'm not doing 52 in 52 workouts. This year, cooking is my focus. I, Corey, pledge to cook 52 new dishes throughout the year of 2013. I will post the pictures as well as a link to the recipe I used (if there is one) and I promise to make a good portion of them challenging and new to me.

No two weeks will be the same, though I can have pieces of it that are. For instance, one week I am going to set out to make my own tortillas. I will probably end up having a burrito or something that night which won't disqualify burritos from the running for another week.

I plan on stretching my skills and trying things I've been meaning to try since I signed up for pinterest and made a "delicious food and drink" board. I will cook different types of meats, I will learn to use a crockpot and I will dive into some new baked goods. I don't have a specific type of food, it doesn't have to be a full meal, sometimes it will be, but the main rules and regulations are that it  has to sound delicious and seem feasible for my novice cooking skills.

Just to stay in the game I also have pinned (and then added to my goodreads) some books on cooking. I will reread (and possibly rewatch) Julie and Julia when I feel like I just don't want to get back in the kitchen.

Please feel free to send me your favorite recipes... keep them beginner and novice at best, maybe throw in a tiny challenge but not too many ingredients. I am trying to stay within a good budget while doing this project. My wallet wants to be happy that I am eating at home instead of getting take out all the time.

It's the start of the project and therefore I am really excited! I hope to refind this excitement for 51 more weeks and then even beyond. I have high hopes for a habit this could create!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment