Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Currently





location: My bed... where all the real work gets done. ;)
And that I literally mean work, like writing, blogging, brainstorming and the like. I wouldn't be opposed to other types of work here though. 
which then made me think of this:



mood: Positive and aware. A little high off of it, it's been a while. 


eating: ugh... just had a wetzel pretzel a bit ago but eating hasn't been easy lately. mostly bananas, toast, some avocado rolls, some chicken for nutrients and protein and greek yogurt with honey, oh and oatmeal.


drinking: water. I have had one diet coke in the last month, and that was about 2 1/2-3 weeks ago. Guess this unknown stomach issue has some benefits?


watching: I don't watch many things. I always think about starting a series or something but I need a hands on project if I'm going to do that. Like a blanket. Because otherwise I feel like I'm wasting time just watching a show. 


reading: May Cause Miracles, going back to Gabrielle Bernstein, couldn't be at a better time. A book about Polaroid, Steal LIke An Artist (more like referencing it every once in a while), blogs


loving: how comfortable my bed is and that it's not freezing in my room anymore. I went through the coldest nights/days San Diego has seen in 23 years without a heater. I live in a room built off a garage, it's cold. But my heater now works and my room is a decent temp without it.
I do understand that San Diego's lows are not that low, but sleeping in a 38-40 degree room still isn't fun for me.

learning: About myself, daily. Sometimes I don't really want to learn these things but I know in the end it will be better. Learning through reading, learning through struggling through days. Learning. Learning through new people and situations, through falling into old habits and wondering why. So much learning.

Also, you can use your used dryer sheets to pick up dust, works like the swiffer cloths. 

thinking: I wish I could bottle this positive energy and save it for those days I hit a low. That I could save this perspective, and reach it when I need it the most. 


wishing: for some relief in the stomach area. I've been some sort of sick for about a month now and, well, I'm tired of it. I'm wishing for a full night's sleep, some mental peace and quiet. 



LIfe's been in a work, rough, lately. I have good days and I have absolutely awful want to stay in bed days... sometimes I have both in one day, depends on the hour really. It's enough to make a girl feel a little loose in the screws. But I'm figuring it out, appreciating the times that I don't feel like hiding under the covers from everything. Trying to do something, anything, even if I hate every fiber of everything, during the times that everything seems real bleak. 
I gave myself a little bit of self indulgent woe is me time, then I hated it so I tried something else.
Life can be a real piece of work sometimes. 

First and foremost I want my ability to sleep back. I think everything else can fall back into line a little easier if I can get at LEAST 7 hours of solid, uninterrupted sleep a night. I know people survive without it, but I don't have babies or any reason to be waking up. So until those days are upon me (at least give me three more years universe) I would like sleep. Because I love sleep, I don't feel guilty sleeping. 
Also, I don't feel guilty eating, so if I could get back to eating normally that would be wonderful too!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment