Wednesday, January 23, 2013

52 Dishes: Week 3


week 3:
I have a confession to make. I did not make something week 3. I could give you a list of excuses but they don't really matter, it just didn't happen. So I decided I would make something else this week for half credit. Because 50% is better than a 0%, or so they told us in school.


Because I was only getting half credit for this (and because there are few foods I really want to eat right now) I went for the simple. Also, I kinda wanted to make something that would turn out good, no matter what. The last two dishes were so-so... but pancakes? I've been making pancakes since birth... or early childhood. I even burned my hand once... but really I think that was making french toast. Either way, that skillet was hot.

I didn't have any syrup but I did have Nutella... what's syrup? I didn't even sit down and eat these like a lady, I mean, I rarely do with breakfast foods. Pan, to plate, to mouth... sometimes before they are fully cooled. When I have syrup you might find me stationed over the sink, pouring it directly onto the pancake and the trying to get the bite in my mouth without getting syrup on me. Because I'm in pajamas, and clearly those need to stay clean.

I don't have any learning points to share... BUT I would just like to say I didn't use Bisquick, that to make this even semi legit I had to make it with the real ingredients. I think I need to use butter to coat the pan next time, it makes the outsides just a little crisper. Mmmm delicious.

Week four will need to be something healthy, I should get on choosing and cooking it here pretty soon.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment