Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Fire Starter Sessions - Easy Priorities











Well, here we are, week two of The Fire Starter Sessions. 
This week is about making more time for things that we find to be easy. It's not about being lazy, it's about getting things done and building confidence in your abilities and in projects. Without further ado... week two:
The path of least resistance isn't about shortcuts, cutting corners, or being clever. And it's certainly not about making mediocrity acceptable. It's about optimizing the truth. It's about casting your seeds on the most fertile soil for your best chances for success.

What actually needs to get done in your life and livelihood... what MUST happen for things to run smoothly?
- Food, water, shelter, sleep
- exercise (dancing)
- earning a living
- managing finances
- laundry, household cleaning
- cooking
- reading
- writing
- spending time with friends
- getting out of the house and meeting new people
- trying new things
- creating
- blog
- taking pictures
- shower and primping
- date, cuddle, make out etc
- AT LEAST one day off a week
- shopping for groceries
- travel and exploration

What's your competency level for each activity?
- food and water  -> decent
- sleep -> Okay right now, I give up sleep to read more lately.
- exercise, specifically what I love doing -> decent, had a patch of not great
- earning a living -> needs improvement though I'm not in horrible or bad land
- managing finances -> decent, on the way to good
- laundry, household cleaning -> depends on the week, decent to great
- cooking -> needs improvement... not in the actual cooking but in the motivation to do so
- reading -> brilliant
- writing -> eh. I must write more.
- spending time with friends -> I have my weeks of good and my weeks of hermit
- getting out of the house and meeting new people -> sorely lacking
- trying new things -> lame
- creating -> lame, need to get back to my blankets and other projects
- blog -> decent, goal of great
- taking pictures -> decent with a goal of brilliant
- shower and primping -> it wouldn't hurt me to shower more. But I look pretty good most days.
- date, cuddle, make out, etc -> lame
- taking a day off -> needs improvement, have to get those days to actually feel like they are a day off
- shopping for groceries -> lame
- travel and exploration -> moments of decent, mostly bad

Which of those activities actually makes you feel strengthened?
-exercise (dance)
- reading
- writing
- spending time with friends
- meeting new people
- blogging
- creating
- taking pictures
- dating
- travel and exploration
- trying new things

Which of the activities don't really light your fire?
- grocery shopping
- laundry
- going to a job I don't like even if I make money there

What can you do to develop the strengths and interests?
- taking writing and photography classes
- taking different types of dance classes
- short trips with days off
- taking my camera more places
- following different online tutorials for my camera
- plan more blog posts
- photoshop and classes

What three actions will you take this week to nourish your true strengths?
- go to at least one dance class
- write once a day
- have an hour long photo adventure

What three actions will you take to decrease your time spent on activities that drag you down?
- make one big meal that can be taken for lunch at least a few days
- spend 5-10 minutes a day cleaning part of bathroom, kitchen, or room
- write down purchases right after I make them

I'm going to end this with my other favorite quotation from this session...


If it isn't a "Hell yes!," then it's a no.

xoxo

The Fire Starter Sessions and all included worksheets were written and created by Danielle LaPorte

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job with this exercise. I have to admit, I struggled with this one. I don't think I ever made past it because I couldn't see all the value in it. But now...I get it.

    I hope you're taking the time to do these things for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did everything that would nourish my true strengths but I did not do three things that would decrease the drag of others. I'm going to work on it though, maybe make those questions for every sunday in my journal? Couldn't hurt.

      Delete