Friday, October 12, 2012

Happily Wasted - Topics of Current Rumination



This week is a little different than usual, not much, but a little. Instead of all of the different things I might find over the internets in the last week or two I've decided that this week is all about things that have been hitting me real close to home. It's funny, these posts came at a time when the issues were weighing heavily in my mind. I love it when that happens.

Enjoy.
"I’ve rediscovered again and again that I don’t get as lucky when I push for things as I do when I relax and allow opportunities to reveal themselves when the time is right."

- In Praise of the Unplanned Career

This advice assumes that we all have a pre-existing passion waiting to be discovered.
Following a Career Passion? Let It Follow You.

- "I first want to get one thing off my chest. I have never thought I was fat." I love reading Emma's stories, and this one was really good... per usual.
Emma's Fitness Story

- These make me want a road trip and San Francisco in my very near future. Oh, and to take more pictures with film...
One. Two. Three.

- "Changing the way I think about the tasks I have to do anyway, has really improved my mood." Must learn this with cooking! 
Ways to Simplify

- "You make 'making do' your normal. You’re giving up precious space to something that isn’t precious to you." Must make room, get rid of the metaphorical ugly chairs in my brain's living room.
How to Make Space for Quality to Show Up in Your Life

- "I'm sorry dude. That sucks." The power of JUST listening.
The Inestimable Power of "I'm Sorry, Dude. That Sucks."

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment