Tuesday, July 2, 2013

travel is necessary



I know it's been said before, I know I've learned this lesson before, I know it's part of physics, but I found out again it's really true that doing is conducive to more doing, that action breeds more action and that an object in motion stays in motion (unless another force is put upon it).

What I'm trying to say is, after my little trip up and down the Golden Coast I promised myself that I wouldn't stay as stationary as before. I would go to beaches in LA, or museums or anything. I will go downtown more and see friends there, even if it seems like gas is expensive and I can't afford it.
Because I can.

In fact, I can't afford NOT to go.

When I get out, when I explore new places, when I get moving, I feel better. I feel so grateful, I see beautiful and/or interesting things everywhere and the problems that seemed so grand shrink significantly.

It seems, travel, even in short distances, is absolutely necessary for my survival.

And a little sand between the toes doesn't hurt.

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment