Monday, July 8, 2013

The Golden Coast: My Favorites


I can't believe it's already been two weeks since I came back from my trip. Time flies, but I say that a lot. I took so long to post these because of different issues, like wanting to start doing a watermark, and not knowing what format I wanted to put them in, if I wanted to make them smaller in a collage or if I wanted them to be bigger.

Bigger won. Imperfect watermarks also won. So here they are. The absolute beauties from my trip. I think there are more, these are just my absolute favorites. Especially the gas station one. I got off the freeway to take a picture of that, it was so perfect, abandoned, broken down and beautiful. A couple of these are from a point and shoot, some of them are from my phone and the rest are from the lady Rebel.

Honestly, as I look through them they are all favorites. I love the gas station one because I actually took the time to get off the freeway at a place I wanted to see. The stacked rocks I like because that one took time to figure out what I was trying to convey with my camera, I love my feet in the pebble sand because it feels like paradise, my kind of paradise. The blue door with a white wall is a picture I expect to envy when I see it on other people's blogs or instagrams, but it's mine. I took it, I did it right. Well, me and the phone.

And the picture of the polaroids on a hotel bedspread... I am shaking my head and raising my hand to the ceiling thinking of trying to write what that one feels like to me. It's perfect, it's the film I love, shots that came out great, finally, after years of sadness with the Impossible Project, it's the adventure that comes with being in a hotel room, it's my heart. Basically. Too much? Nah, just enough.

I'm once again being intentional about getting out and taking more pictures. But this time I've got a couple books I'm reading, I'm thinking about the shots more, maybe even taking less. But I'm growing, and I'm learning and I'm stoked with the outcome.

That trip was necessary. There are many more to come.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment