Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Last Hurrah: Wednesday With Baby Brows

Well, I've attempted to get this post up earlier than normal. I think I have succeeded by maybe an hour. :) So, as the title says, this was the last hurrah. I decided recently to make a quick move up to Portland and I will be starting the journey tomorrow. Just typing it makes my stomach drop a bit. I've just been trying to think of the exciting instead of the possibly scary and or sad (saying goodbye to baby brows.)
I am not going to think about it much I'm just going to get on with this post.

So! Today started with a sleepy little man just cuddling with me for the most part. We went down for nap number one (I say "we" because I always take a nap during his first nap) on time and slept for an hour. I heard him wake up through his monitor but hoped upon hoped that he would fall back asleep because first nap is usually 2 hours. Luck was with me, he realized he was still tired and went back to sleep. Around 12:30 I woke him up and we played while on opposite sides of his crib.

Laughing at me

Still sleepy but smiling

After our little play session we had some food (me a lettuce sandwich and him anything he would eat) and played a bit more. Watched some Handy Manny per usual and I think only 1 episode of Yo Gabba Gabba. I decided since it was our last day we were going to play on his play set outside. So I got him all dressed, looking fly and stuff, put his Elmo shoes on and we were ready to go... well until he learned how to undo velcro. He LOVES velcro.

VELCRO!!!

We made it outside shortly after to swing on the swing and then check out the steering wheel and slide. Unfortunately I got no slide pictures because I didn't want him to get scared so I held him on the way down.  


Even though he had a long first nap he was still a tired boy and was flopping around on his blanket and dog pillow.


Again it was nap time and while he was asleep I packed and took a shower. Then after he woke up from nap #2 I put a hoodie on him and we played, cooked banana panfakes (Señor Brow's name for vegan pancakes) and again fed him whatever he would eat, little of this, little of that. Then Sarah came over to play for a tiny bit and say goodbye. It was her first time meeting Baby Brows as well as Señor Brows and Unicorn Sparkle(bottom)s so we had a good time. 


Honestly, I have never been so attached to a little munchkin. I don't know if it's just because of where I am at in my life now compared to when my siblings were born but usually it takes me a couple of years to get super attached. If my siblings are reading this: I love you guys more than you will ever know. Please don't take anything I say negatively. I wish I could have been as attached to all of you as I have been to Lil Brows but I wasn't 24 yet and apparently I had other things on my mind. Rude, I know. But I love you very much. 


So here I am, typing this up before I finish packing up my remaining stuff wondering what will happen. I'm going to have to skype with Baby Brows so that he doesn't forget me. I didn't even think about it but someone mentioned it and it has made me really sad. Ugh, not going to get emotional. Not going to get emotional. I guess I can sign off saying that my Wednesdays With Baby Brows have been amazing and I'm bummed that Portland has to be so far away. I always knew I would be leaving San Diego pretty soon but I didn't imagine having to leave a little guy behind. (Just in case I'm not clear here sometimes, Baby Brows is not my baby :) I had someone talk to me recently that thought he was mine and while I think he's amazing and adorable and wonderful I can't take the credit for the intense pregnancy Unicorn Sparkle(bottom)s went through to bring him to this world.)

Baby Brows,
You might be the thing that makes my parents have hope for grandchildren one day. Never thought I would ever want to be a mom but when I see how much joy you bring sooooooo many people I have to wonder.
I love you very much,
xoxo,
Aunty Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment