Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Nashville Here I Come


In a little less than a month, I, Corey, will be on a plane headed to Nashville, Tennessee!!! My excitement cannnot be contained. At all. Nor can my anxiety. I am so excited for this trip, so excited for what's in store, what I will learn, if I will love it... so excited... and scared. I'm basically unemployed currently, looking for jobs and wondering what the heck I am going to do to make enough money to pay bills and go on this trip. Yes, I have a place to stay paid for, I have my plane tickets and a conference ticket. But woooo buddy, I'm not ready for this monetarily. Not one big. And now I'm nervous as heck. So nervous.

But, hey, I have wanted to go to Nashville for YEARS now. Years I tell you! And the time is coming and soon I will be there and I will be seeing everything it has to offer.

I spent some time a few weeks ago looking up places I just had to see. A couple of my favorite posts I've found thus far concerning the city are these Nashville in Autumn & Nashville: City Guide.

Not long after I looked at these Elsie and Emma of A Beautiful Mess announced they were going to be in Nashville and called for recommendations. Needless to say, I have a list of place I could see, will try to see and will definitely have a bunch to see if I ever go again, or even possibly move there.

Why am I going? Well, there's this conference, it's called the Storyline Conference and it's based off the book A Million Miles in a Thousand Years (which I write a little bit about here) and it's about making your life the story you want it to be, a good story, with meaning. I'm really excited for it.

I'll be staying with a couple on the east side of Nashville, in a little place I found via AirBnB. This trip is going to be an adventure of so many kinds. It will be my first time getting on a plane to take a trip to a place all by myself. It will be my first time in Tennessee, and it will be my first time staying with people instead of in a hotel.

So there it is, exciting and a little bit scary and how the heck am I going to do this all mixed into one!

If you have any Nashville suggestions that are budget friendly I would love to add them to my list!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment