Sunday, September 22, 2013

Summer's End

*

The summer weather isn't quite done here in San Diego, but my mind is definitely gearing up for fall. School supplies have been on display at Target for weeks and pumpkin collections are showing up at the grocery store. I've seen tweets and status updates about Pumpkin Spice everything and I am definitely ready.

Before saying hello to fall though, it's time to say a little goodbye to summer.

My main goal for the summer this year was to enjoy it. That meant going places I wanted to go, spending time with friends, feeling the sun and to making memories so that when Fall came I wasn't left wondering where the heck another season went.

I had some ideas of things I wanted to do, some specifically summer oriented, others that have been on various to-do lists for some time. The summer list looked a little like this:


go to a Farmer's Market
have a girls night of drinks, laughs, possibly crafts and snacks
go to a country bar and line dance
Sea World
Del Mar Fair
road trip
find organization to donate to monthly
beach day
swim with sharks
drive in movie
picnic
bonfire

I added things like:
bungee jumping
celebrating my sister's 21st birthday
eating lots of hamburgers 
Opening Day at the Del Mar Race Track
swimming 

While I didn't complete everything, I did most of the items that required the summer for completion. I'll probably put picnic, drive in movie and Farmer's Market on my Fall list. I mean, why not? 
I'm so glad I made a list for summer though, and then followed through on making sure I did things. 

Swimming with the sharks and bungee jumping pushed my fear boundaries, celebrating my sister's 21st made me happy and also made me feel a little old, sitting by two bonfires brought a comforting smell to the season and the road trip at the beginning gave me time to practice gratitude. 

I'm really liking the more intentional way of seasons. I don't need a monthly list, but one that spans three or so. I'm hoping this Fall to create more memories and feel little pieces of time more completely.

What was on your summer list?

xoxo

*Image in top right corner is by Brian Witkin, the rest are taken by me

2 comments:

  1. Our summer was dampered by an injury to my hubby. That really consumed our entire summer. We did do a few little things like go to the beach and eat ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Well maybe Fall is your season this year!

      Delete