Saturday, August 31, 2013

Book Report: The Little Prince


Sometime you read something and your heart just connects. Sometimes you read something and for hours you are lost in though, spacey even, figuring out how to adjust to the world as you know it after because it's not the same. It won't ever be quite the same.  

The Little Prince got me. Through and through. I put off reading it for a while, that happens when things are cult classics for me. I get wary and wonder why. But this one I loved, fully and deeply. 

Sometimes things come to you at just the right time. Sometimes you decide to sit in the children's section of Barnes and Noble in a seat that's almost too small and you decide to read. First to preview, and then you can't put it down. It's not such a long story after all. And then you sit there in a slight daze, and you wonder how many people you can tell about this new thing you just discovered, because it needs to be shared. And you hope that others find it as beautiful and you did. But even if they don't, you have to try.

Oh Little Prince. Thank you. I'll take some time to admire the stars and listen to my heart tonight.

xoxo


1 comment: