Sunday, August 4, 2013

52 Dishes: 15/52 Orzo, Corn and Avocado Salad


Dish 15 was a nice light, delicious summer dish. I'm not sure if it's actually a summer dish but it seems perfect to me because it's light, has corn and goes well with some chicken or by itself. I'm pretty sure those aren't the actual qualifications of a summer dish, but it sounded good to me. It's also pretty simple to make. Simple is what I like when cooking. One of the goals of this project was to get myself out of a meal rut which consisted of burritos, egg sandwiches, and noodles with meat sauce. Any time I thought about eating at home I would feel bored or burned out about my choices so I would opt to go get something at a drive through. 

That's where recipes like this one come in, they aren't hard, they don't take much time, there are plenty of leftovers (for this dish I cut the recipe in half and still had too much, hashtag singlegirlproblems), they are healthy, AND they are delicious too!


I didn't have any trouble with the recipe, I think I could have cooked the orzo a little less, still working on perfect al dente with pastas. 
The recipe called for a small amount of cilantro which is a bummer because now I have a heap of cilantro and don't have another recipe I want to use it in... curses!

Was it good? Yes. Will I make this again sometime? Most likely!


What about you, what have you been cooking (or craving) lately?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment