Thursday, August 15, 2013

On Repeat - Wagon Wheel



Things have been a little country around here lately. Okay, a lot country. It's basically all I listen to. When I'm in the car, when I'm writing, when I go out I'm pretty reluctant to go to any bar that isn't a country bar... that's where I'm at.

I think there has been a hint of that on here... first Hunter Hayes, then Ella Mae Bowen and now Darius Rucker. 

Here's the thing about Darius. I didn't want to like him. I hated Hootie and the Blowfish. Severely. But this song, this cover/remake he does is so good. Maybe I just have a soft spot in it in my head because I see so many couples two stepin out on the dance floor to it. And that's adorable. Or maybe I like it because he's good, this is a good spot for him. 

Whatever the reason, this song is on repeat.

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Okay. I love your blog. But. Please. Put the REAL version of this song on repeat. :)
    (though, I'd never seen the video for Darius's version... and... I like the Duck Dynasty people got to be in it hehe)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gX1EP6mG-E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^that's the link for the Old Crow Medicine Show version ;)

      Delete
    2. Katy I am appalled it has taken me this long to get back to you here! I know that Old Crow Medicine Show did this song before mr. ex hootie did definitely. I'm not going to lie though, I like Darius Rucker's version just a little better. It's most likely because that's the version I heard when I first went line dancing and the memories that go along with the song are just so awesome that I can't stray from it.

      Delete