Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Driving the Golden Coast


I mentioned before that I was embarking on a short journey, that I was doing something that scared me. And I did. If you follow my instagram or twitter feed you may have seen some pictures from my trip already, you may have heard about how my best laid plans cracked and needed some repairs, you may have also heard/read/seen that my car battery went to poop the first day in. Darn that grapevine!

You may have also seen that I kept going, that while LA traffic had me ready to turn around and go home and spend the weekend in bed, I didn't. I'm not saying that's a feat on my part, I'm just saying these were thoughts and things that happened.

I kept reminding myself, when something would feel off or when it felt like all was lost, that there was something to gain, and my natural reaction is to give in and go home, using the excuse that it's "a sign" that I shouldn't be doing whatever I am doing, was just my brain being scared. A book I've been reading lately has made me starting to think otherwise when I feel like I'm getting a sign to stop. It's got me thinking, maybe, when things get a little crazy and plans get muddled, it's not because it shouldn't be happening, but because I have to push through and figure out it's worth it despite it all. The extra night in a hotel and a new battery in the car, and 4 hours wasted in a city I never planned on being in waiting for said battery, were okay, they were just small prices to pay for seeing my friends and taking two days to get back down the coast.

The trip was worth it despite the anxiety and frustration of the first day and a half. I had to get through the rough spots, I had to get past my brain's natural defenses to the new. I had to keep pushing and what I was rewarded with after I kept pushing was all that mattered.

In the next few days I'll post the pictures I took of the places I went. I had quite an adventure and am so glad I went.

Now that I'm back to reality the stressors of real life are back but I'm going to try and incorporate more adventures into my months. Because when I was driving down the 101 stopping whenever and where ever I wanted, I felt free, and alive. I believed through and through that every day is a gift. I want to feel those emotions as much as possible.

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment