Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Little Reminders


I just love the show Girls. Like, love it. I can't watch it for more than a couple episodes at a time because I tend to get really introspective (more than usual which is already too much) and melancholy. BUT I love the show none the less. I constantly find myself searching for meme's of things that one of the characters has said that I connected with. 

Most recently in my watching was this quote. From Ray's mouth to Marnie. And, can I just say, I felt verbally, I related most to Hannah in the first season but overall I relate more to Marnie? Wow, that sentence was a little Shosh. She's also fabulous. She's just so real and honest and naive to the point that it's great. I love it. I almost wish I was like that. Not necessarily in the words she uses but in her brutal honesty that never seems brutal. She just says how she feels and it's how it is and it's not mean, no one could ever call her a bitch, because she's not. She's sweet and considerate and gah. Love these characters even when I hate them... and there are times when I hate each one of them. But overall, brilliant.

As far as the actual quote goes, I think it's time for me to go there. For me to do more than write about and plan. I love planning, it means control, it means not yet having to go out of the comfort zone to do. Planning feels powerful. Doing, oh that's vulnerable. 
Here's the deal, I usually, feel REALLY GOOD after doing something new. And I know that doing something new, or something I haven't done in a while or going out with friends will feel good. But I find excuses and get anxious. And I have to fight with myself for each new thing. It's not a big battle, it's just that I feel this uneasiness that's hard to conquer unless I feel like I have no choice. 

Exploring feels good though, after the first jump is made. So it's time to start exploring again. Go back to trying new things, going new places and getting out with friends more. Exploring, not graphing or planning. Experiencing for myself... and maybe taking some pictures along the way.

xoxo



1 comment:

  1. I discovered the show Girls during a "free premium channels week" on Comcast. I watched the whole entire two seasons in a week. I love the show now.

    ReplyDelete