Thursday, June 14, 2012

Currently... mixed with a little Happily Wasted



Last week, well, Thursday, was graduation nation. I went to my youngest sister's 8th grade promotion in the morning and then went to my lovely friend Rachael's graduation that evening. I managed to stay relatively pale instead of sunburned which is always a plus when I've been exposed to that much sun in one day. 
I took some time to job hunt via craigslist (which I usually consider my job hunt nemesis) and was surprised this morning with a phone call, an interview and a job offer! Look at me go!
I could go on about everything that's happened this week but I'll just stick to the categories. Found this one over at Kelli Murray's blog and I added another prompt or two from Vanilla & Lace.

thinking about:
How bad life can see and then how great it can get in just a few short week. I'm in no perfect position but things are definitely better than they were a couple of weeks ago and that gives me a lot of hope. I was able to drop a couple things that were spinning around in my mind, and I have something to be very excited about (new job)!

looking forward to:
payday honestly...
watching reading:
The Girl Who Played with Fire, Instant Love, The Dolphin In the Mirror, The Fire Starter Sessions

Listening to:
Lights new album: Siberia
Lana Del Rey: Born to Die
Sia & David Guetta: Titanium

cooking: 
Mac and Cheese... horrible I know, but oh so delicious
working on:
The Fire Starter Sessions worksheets. Blog changes, resume tweaks and the like

Wishing:
This is not an unusual wish in my life: a romantic adventure. I've dropped the last crush I mentioned in previous currently posts and I'm totally fine with that now. It was an interesting two months but hopefully I've learned from it and I'm moving on. Now that I've let that go there is plenty of room in my mind for possibility. I am a very big believer in synchronicity (all of my jobs have come when the timing has felt right) and I would love to happen upon someone that I click with really well. I don't want it to be a lot of hard work to get it started. I don't want to feel ashamed or shy about liking someone... Giddy, I want to feel giddy and full of possibility.
With all that being said, I'm in a pretty good place right now. I'm not actively looking but I'm not shutting down people that approach me either. I just want to relax and enjoy this summer and work to make some goals happen. Moving out and having a steady income are my main goals, I'd just love a little romantic fun to go with it. :)

Happily Wasted:
Amanda Genther talks about how to be amazing at being yourself. While I feel I'm pretty good at being myself, I don't always like who that is... so I'm taking this more as "how to be your amazing self."

Summer Reading List Part IIn over at Sometimes Sweet... I'm going to have to do one of these here real soon!

A really honest post that reminds me that happiness is a choice and can be achieved despite the past. 

I love Show + Tell... I really love this post of tips for owning your own business. One day it will be for me!

And what's a Happily Wasted without a Coffee Cup Chat link? This one is keepin on... just keep swimming.



What's been happening in your life lately?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment