Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The Beginning of Life in Nashville



Hey ya'll,

I'm here in my new home of Nashville, Tennessee happy as can be. Evidence? See above photo taken by a new friend of mine @Mrciaramitaro. Perfect no? So much so that it's also the picture for my about page. Well, life has been a wonderful whirlwind since the night I drove from Encinitas to San Bernardino to start my journey East. My five days on the road were filled with absolutely gorgeous scenes for miles and miles, hours and hours. I wanted to get off at just about every exit across the tip top of Texas to see all the abandoned gas stations. I didn't find myself tiring of it much until the sun went down.

The trip had so many wonderful moments and a couple of really happy tears but I'll be writing about that a little later. When I got into town I immediately found myself at a Target getting an airbed and some snacks. My roommate wasn't off of work yet so I browsed the aisles and dreamed of the room and eventually house I would be able to decorate. Friday I applied to a job online and Saturday during an Instameet (another thing I'll be writing about soon) I received an email back to schedule an interview. How do you like them apples?! Spoiler alert, I didn't get the job, BUT, I did write one of the best cover letters I've ever written before and I started off my job hunt on the absolute right foot.

Through that instameet I made friends (awesome) and got hooked back into photography all over again. Well... I guess the road trip really hooked me back in but the conversations I had during the instameet locked it. I am as curious as ever and ready to learn. Because I live so close to a city center now, there are a whole bunch of resources at my fingertips. Really stoked.

The past week (as of tomorrow) has been all about getting situated and learning about my new home. I will probably say this a bajillion times over the next few days or months or what have you: I am so. incredibly. excited. to be here. Over the moon. Ready to invest and work towards this life that I have been dreaming of.

Also, ready for Fall and sweaters.

And some sweet tea.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment