Saturday, October 25, 2014

My Right Now



Read this post at We Seek Joy and decided to tackle the question myself.

What is your Right Now?

My right now is for deep breaths and taking a step back to realize just how much has been accomplished. It's for cutting back and frugality, for seeing where things go in the next two weeks, for searching and testing but maybe not committing.

Right now is for pictures of symmetrical doorways, for reading all the books I checked out of the library. It is for continuing growth that has been on the slow track for so, so long.

Right now is for awe and gratitude while driving down side streets, it's for a couple tears matched with the knowledge that the right choice was made. It's about figuring out how to love and appreciate the memories, to not feel like a traitor, to honor what that time was, while being in the present and seeing all that is possible now.

Right now is about digging a little deeper into what I really want. I have a foundation, I have a town that I could potentially call home for many, many years... so now what? Not in a bad way, in a glorious, "the world (and this state) is my oyster" kind of way.

Right now is for picking and choosing, it's for acknowledging the little treats to myself so that they don't just become habit and drain the bank without real reward, for less sugar but at the same time testing out sweet tea.

Right now is for researching coats, puffy vests and blankets for the winter, for selling my older computer finally and for learning how to be fancy while cleaning tables. It's about writing down addresses that I see while driving and looking up their costs later.

Some parts dreaming, other parts planning, getting into the creating.

Right now... oh right now.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment