Friday, October 17, 2014

Day Fifteen



Hello again,

It's crazy I've had posts every day this week but still feel like I haven't been around here. Maybe because I have been writing these in advance? I start to feel guilty for not being here and the I realize I am here more than I have ever been.

Almost put Nashville in the title of this and then realized I am starting to sound like a love-sick school girl. Hey ya'll, got a new boyfriend, his name's Nashville. It's prrrretty serious.

Anywho, after I wrote my Monday goals and agonized a little over not having gotten a job yet (seriously? the standards I hold myself to are crazy sometimes) I proceeded to have two interview that went really well and then had two set up for Tuesday. Flash forward to Tuesday me getting not one but two jobs! That's right! Not even 12 full days into my new city and I land two jobs. Yay manifestation and trusting that things work out AND going for what I want. Oh goodness, like I said before, it's been a whirlwind.

I started my first job with a company called Organizing Ease. I am so, so excited about this opportunity because well, I'm an organization junkie and now I get the chance to really experience and learn what that means on a professional level. My boss and coworkers are awesome too. I'm stoked. I jumped right into that job the day after being hired. The other one I will be starting next week. I'm giving myself the weekend to explore a little more and relax and then get ready for a lot of learning and figuring out what my personal projects will be and where they will fit. Always have personal projects. Always.

I've been realizing since I've gotten here that my wants and needs are a little (maybe a lot) different than I thought they were overall when I left San Diego. I was thinking that I was still going to have a transitory mindset when I got here because that's what I had been use to for 3, maybe even 6 years. I was use to wondering where my next place to live would be and how I could get out and go other places but now that I'm here I am looking at houses thinking "Hmmmm, that would be lovely." As much as I love traveling, I would love, love, love a place to come home to that is mine and wonderful. It's got me thinking about my minimalism and all sorts of other stuff too. I'm sure I'll write about those thoughts deeper in their own posts later.

What else? Putting it out to the thrifting gods that I would love a serving tray that has a ouija board print on it, or one that has Tennessee on it... also a huuuuge older American flag to hang in this wide open space I have above my bed. And old U.S. Map is also on that list, have to outline the states I've been to. I also wouldn't mind a map of Tennessee, or Nashville.

Every day after work I've been exploring or seeing something new. If you've been watching my instagram feed you'll know I've been all over the frickin place. I love it. I am seeing different neighborhoods, food and coffee shops, murals, scenery, etc. Today I saw a house that made me swoon... well, I didn't really get a good look at the house, it was the long road to the house that got me. Imagine two lines of parallel trees framing a dirt road up to a tall house. I'm sold. How do I make millions and buy it? No, but seriously.

This weekend is the last one I will have for a while I think, I'll have my time off here and there spread out over the week instead of two days now that I will be juggling two job schedules. All will be well though, excited for the future and what it brings. Very happy in the present.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment