Friday, May 24, 2013

I Can't Take Another Day For Granted

yes it's 22.5 minutes, but I promise it's worth it

I sat last night and watched this video and was moved to tears. That shouldn't be surprising really, I'm moved to tears about a lot of things.
I was moved to tears but I was also filled with gratitude. Filled with gratitude for my life, for the air I breathe, for the body I have. I was filled with wonder, this young man was talking about acceptance of upcoming death, he was talking about dreams and aspirations, he was so positive.
My heart couldn't decide if it was breaking or filling up.

I want to live my days full of wonder and gratitude. I want to try things, I want to reach people, I want to appreciate what I have been given. I want to remember that this, all of this, the good and the bad is a gift.

This family, I can't even imagine, they are so strong, and they will have to be so strong.

This video, it made me realize again what I already knew, I want to do something big, I want to get out and meet people and have conversations about life and love and what makes them keep pushing on. I want to see what other people think is beautiful.

This video led me to the Soul Pancake youtube channel. If you haven't heard of it definitely check it out. They have different kinds of series, My Last Days, Metaphysical Milkshake, The Flipside and more. My Last Days make me cry, but they also inspire me, Metaphysical Milkshake makes me think... basically Soul Pancake is my new jam.
Also, just a little tidbit, Rainn Wilson does Metaphysical Milkshake and is one of the contributors/backers to Soul Pancake... they have a book too. I bought it today. I'll let know you know how it is!

What youtube channels or websites inspire you?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment