Tuesday, February 4, 2014

January In Review

(Image was lost in the switches)

The first month of abundance: I didn't spend a lot of intentional time with my word for the month of January. I spent a lot of it getting thoughts out of the way, reading more than I expected to, and getting my butt to work. Every once in a while I would remember abundance, and I would breath it in and out, abundance of time, abundance of opportunity, abundance of funds to do the things I want to do... I know there's a lot more work to be done though. I know there is a better way to connect and believe in abundance. While I wasn't exactly working on abundance in January I was doing a lot of things and seeing a lot of places! January looked a little like this...
I read:
- Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Choose Yourself by James Altucher
Started by did not finish:
- Slow Sex by Nicole Daedone

I watched
:
- Nashville /// From the beginning to the most recent episode, I am hooked!
- Girls /// Not feeling it anymore, brings me to a sad and anxious place I don't want to be
- Pretty Little Liars /// sucked me back in like a hoover
Tried new things:
- I ate lobster
- Went to the chiropractor (more on that later)
Dan and I adventured to:
- Kate Sessions Park
- Old Town to see Heritage and Presidio Park
- Lake Calavera and went for a hike to the top
- 1000 Steps in Laguna Beach and it kicked my butt, and my calves
- Cleveland National Forest and walked a small train
- Cabrillo Monument
- Enzo's BBQ. We eat there pretty regularly... we order it to go and then have a little picnic on my bed.
I introduced new habits:
- flossing /// I know I shooouuld do this, but getting around to it just doesn't happen all the time
- writing 750 words a day /// I was really good about this for a while, like almost 100 days in a row and then I forgot one day and I was sad and didn't come back to it. So now I'm back to it.
- going to bed by 10:30pm /// I'm working on going to bed earlier so it will be easier to wake up earlier eventually. One step at a time.
- drink 6 glasses of water a day /// I've quit Diet Coke, again, and 6 glasses is a goal that I have to work for but doesn't feel as impossible as 8 glasses. Like with the earlier to bed, earlier to rise, one step at a time.
Despite not paying too much attention to my word this month I did seem to do a bunch of things. I found myself rushing from one to the next though, so in February I am looking to slow down a bit and savor more. I want to spend less time seeing if places or things meet up to my expectations and more time seeing what is. February, in my quest for the feeling of abundance, will be about seeing what is and enjoying it to the very last drop.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment