Friday, February 28, 2014

February In Review

As I put this post together and list the things I've done this month, and books I've read I am realizing that January was much more active whereas February has been more cerebral. I was getting a little down about the whole thing when I remembered that February is a short month and I lost 14 good "Active" days to a healing foot tattoo. It wasn't like Dan and I were sloth like on purpose, though we did have some good naps and lazy weekend days, it's just that we had other things going on. While there hasn't been a frenzy of movement this month it has been incredibly full. Valentine's Day was above and beyond what I could have ever expected it to be and I'm so very grateful for that.

I did sign up for a gym membership a couple days before getting a foot tattoo. Not my best timing decision, but I'm excited that my days of foot rest are now about over and I can put on my sneakers again. The elliptical is calling my name.

Best of all, March is my birthday month and I have an awesome birthday planned for myself, I am taking 4 days off of work, two on each side of a weekend and Dan and I are heading to Palm Springs for three of those days... so excited. But more about that later. For now, here's February in Review.

I read:
- Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple
- Manage Your Day-to-Day by The 99U Book Series
- Love Yourself  by Kamal Ravikant
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed
- You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero (for the 4th time, read. this. book.)
- Vagabonding  by Rolf Potts

Started reading but have yet to finish:
- Bread & Wine by Shauna Neiquist
- Escape from Cubicle Nation by Pamela Slim

I watched:
- Pretty Little Liars /// still love this crazy show
- Friday Night Lights /// one more season to go

Tried new things:
- Popeye's
- I started listening to Podcasts, the one that I really like right now is SeanWes. He's an incredibly talented hand letterer as well as designer. He and Aaron discuss many aspects of being an entrepreneur. I started from the beginning, I think his cohost is someone else now, but I'm still on Sean and Aaron.

Dan and I adventured to:
- Griffith Park Observatory and the Old Griffith Park Zoo, we then went to Santa Monica Pier which was by far the best part of the day
- Wilderness Gardens Preserve
I treated myself to:
- a new tattoo
- a memory foam bathmat that actually dries my feet
February definitely heard a lot of crickets here. We'll see what March has to bring. (Besides my awesome birthday!!!)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment