Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Weekly




The Weekly is a Friday, Sunday... or maybe just about any day, round up. The Weekly is a processing and a record. It is a mix up of currently and around here with a look at the past and the future. 

Adventures:
Last weeks adventures were in eye exams, Christmas lights and slowly getting back into working out. The song on the ipod, Dark Horse by Ms. Katy Perry. It's probably the main motivation for getting back to dance class. 
I went and walked Christmas Lane with The Brows who have added a new baby Brows to the mix. It was really good to see them again. Then took a dance class with a friend that moved away about 6 months ago. She's visiting and it was good to see her again. 
I tried on new glasses at Costco but the boy told me the ones I have are good. I dunno though, I kinda really like these now that I've looked at the picture again. 
Oh my gosh, and I went and ate at Slaters 50/50, I did not have a burger though, so I can't really speak to the taste of their specialty.

Thinking about:
The new year! What my goals are going to be, what this space is going to look like, what all the different possibilities are. Endless! I'm a little hesitant to be all gung ho about it being a GREAT NEW YEAR etc etc etc because I tried that last year and mannnn, it's been a doozy. Full of learning, but definitely not a great new year on the surface. Anyway, thinking about goals and trying to be more realistic while also pushing myself. Being realistic helps me moving forward instead of making these grand goals by the dozens and then letting them all fall to the wayside. 

Loving
-Friday Night Lights. Obsessed again. About halfway into Season 3. Stoked.
-My new beanie and fake leather jacket I treated myself to. Keeps me warm (if not a little static-y... must fix that part) 
- Peppermint Mochas from Starbucks with half the pumps of mocha and peppermint, so it's not too sweet. Delicious. I did get myself some peppermint mocha creamer though, so I just need some decaf coffee and I can make myself the same thing for a small fraction of the cost. Even better.

Reading
Ditched two of the books I started reading last year and got myself a whole new stack from the library. I did finish Bittersweet by Shauna Niequist and I can't wait to read her other books. 

Cooking:  
I've definitely slowed down in the cooking department. Took a break, brought some other goals to the forefront. But tonight I decided it was a night to make a chicken dish I made before. 52 dishes really did work!
I also made some chocolate banana bread, it was suppose to be a swirl and I didn't manage that and they didn't really come out that good. But I tried. Better luck next time. Goodness knows I'll still eat them. 

Working on
Figuring out what I want my life to look like right now. And then making small steps to get myself there. 

Celebrating/Moment of gratitude
- Seeing old friends
- baby giggles
- entertaining children with some simple origami 
- the soreness in my muscles from a dance class well done, I still have a lot of what I left with, but I have a LOT of muscle to gain back.


Lovely Links:
Something I want to make /// Nutella Swirl Waffles
My next trick to entertain a 3 year old /// Origami Christmas Tree
A book I want but probably won't buy /// Martha Stewart's Cooking School
And a move I want to learn /// One day I'll talk about it more



xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment