Sunday, April 8, 2018

On Sunday


This week has been taken up by rest. Lost of body enforced rest. Monday I took Chels back to the airport and when home with a sore throat. I went to work the next day but by the end of it felt quite off. That night started a 5 day stomach circus that was equally strange and annoying. I'm trying to think of what else has happened this weekend, but for the most part it has been the attempt at recovery.

Highs:
+ Rest, so much rest
+ Starting Strange the Dreamer (loving it)
+ Rewatching New Girl from the beginning
+ not feeling guilty for sleeping because I physically couldn't do much else

Lows:
- stomach bug
- not hearing back from person I was thinking of renting a room from
- going for legal advice about the car fin issue and being told winning in small claims would be a long shot

Gratitude:
+ While this sickness was anything but fun I am quite grateful I had PTO

Article(s) Enjoyed:
+ How I Learned to Love Myself

For me, the first step to learning to love myself was learning to notice myself. It was a slow process of peeling my identity away from the others I had glued it to. Over time, I learned:

– I am not my relationships.
– I am not what people think of me.
– I am not my failures.
– I am not my successes.

I am myself. Regardless.

I've been thinking about this a lot, SO MUCH, myself lately. That I am not only the perspective of other people. I am. I exist. It's not good or bad, it just is sometimes. Different people are going to have different experiences of me, some great, some definitely not great, but neither of those are the truth of me. I just am.

///

No comments:

Post a Comment